Resources – Our Girl Materials and General Reports
Our Girl Campaign Resources
- The Sharan Project Our Girl Campaign Resources
A variety of campaign resources aimed at frontline professionals and young people
- Our Girl Teachers Pack produced by Peer Productions and True Honour
An informative and practical teachers pack aimed at Secondary Schools but could be adapted for other groups as well
- Our Girl Schools Poster Created by IKWRO (Iranian and Kurdish Women’s Rights Organisation)
A widely distributed Our Girl poster used in schools to raise awareness and inform young people and teachers the do’s and don’ts
- Our Girl Downloadable DVD
We believe in Our Girl materials, in particular the award winning film, to be available for everyone to use as part of their training and prevention work
General Reports on Forced Marriage, Honour Based Abuse and VAWG
- Forced Marriage in the UK
A scoping study o the experience of women from Middle Eastern and North East African Communities.
- A Childhood Lost
UK All-Party Parliamentary Group | Nov 2011
A report on child marriage in the UK and the Developing World from the UK All-Party Parliamentary Group on population, Development and reproductive health.
- Critical Social Policy
Khatidja Chantler, Geetanjali Gangoli and Marianne Hester |Nov 2009
Forced marriage in the UK: Religious, cultural, economic or a state of violence.
- Forced Marriage Unit Statistics 2016
Home Office | March 2017
Report compiled by the Home Office and Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- NPCC & CPS reports
Protocol on handling of ‘so-called’ honour based violence/abuse and forced marriage offences between the national police chiefs’ council and the crown prosecution.
- Comic Relief’s Pratical Prevention report
Violence against women and girls. Delivering prevention work with education settings.
- Who – If – When to Marry:
SALCO | Sept 2014
The incidence of forced marriage in Ontario.
- The depths of dishonour: Hidden voices and shameful crimes
HMIC | Dec 2015
An inspection of the police response to honour-based violence, forced marriage and female genital mutilation.